This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy-to-make Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad can be prepared and refrigerated up to 36 hours before your Easter festivities. Fold, serve, and your Easter dessert is ready!
I have been so busy with my work and life in general that I had not realized the impending holiday. Easter, or Pascua , is here!
Here is an easy-to-prep, easy-to-make recipes that can be made ahead of time… because who doesn’t like easy.
Am I right, moms? ? Insert this Easter Dessert – Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad for the win!
My childhood Easter favorite is the traditional Capirotada (or Mexican bread pudding), which is hands-down one of my favorite recipes of all time.
Sometimes, though, you just gotta shake, shake, shake it up.
I’m an (ehmmm…) 80s baby. Nothing says 80s like big hair and Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and this Easter dessert.
Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad takes me back to my childhood. All the moms, aunts, grandmas would pull out their best Easter recipes. This one was always there.
How to Make Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad
• Get all your ingredients ready. This Easter Fruit Salad comes together very quickly.
Please know that some people call this salad “Ambrosia.” Seriously guys, I had no idea.
In my family, we simply it “Ensalada de Frutas con bombon.”
This, of course, makes me wonder if we took this salad from our friends in the north and adopted it as ours in Mexico… Hmmm? I’ll have to research the origin.
Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad makes me happy… almost as happy as getting puppy kisses. Sweet and soft.
I made some small changes to this family classic by adding Toasted Coconut Chips and by making a homemade almond whipped cream. DELICIOUS… iMuy delicioso!
You can also use store-bought whipped cream, but homemade whipped cream is a million times better. Just saying…
Other ingredients you can add to the Easter Dessert:
- Canned orange slices
- Chopped Pecans
- Chopped Walnuts
- Diced Apple
- Banana Slices
- Shredded Carrots
- Chopped Dates
This Easter Fruit Salad is extremely versatile. You can add some or all of these ingredients. It is very similar to Ensalada Navideña (or Mexican Christmas Fruit Salad), but that recipe is made primarily with apples.
You don’t want to make anyone sick. Refrigerate this Easter dessert until ready to eat. Even after you serve it, be sure to return it to the fridge or set the serving container on ice.
It can keep in the fridge for up to 36 hours. I do not recommend freezing this Easter recipe.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later.
This Easter fruit salad only comes out during Easter and Lent.
Even if it is not the Easter holiday season, you can easily enjoy this easy dessert all year long. I mean… who doesn’t love easy and yummy recipes?! Hope you enjoy!
Hungry for More?
Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- 2 cans Fruit Cocktail - Drained
- 1 1/2 cups Pastel Colored Mini-Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Toasted - Wide Sliced Dried Coconut + more for decorating
- 1/2 cup Toasted - Sliced Almonds + more for decorating
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- In large bowl place heavy whipping cream and whip on Med-High until thickened.
- Add Almond Extract and 1/2 of Powdered Sugar and continue whipping for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add rest of Powdered Sugar and whip until ripples form in whipped cream (1-2 minutes).
- Careful to not over whip. If your whipped cream starts to break from over whipping add a bit more cream and beat again until smooth.
- Fold in Fruit Cocktail, Marshmallows, Toasted Coconut and Toasted Almonds until incorporated.
- Top with toasted coconut and almonds for color and serve.
Other Mexican desserts that are perfect for Easter:
Tres Leches Cake (or Pastel de Tres Leches) is a traditional and creamy cake.You’ll love this authentic Mexican dessert. Get the Recipe
Conchas Bread Pudding (Capirotada de Conchas) is a delightful and decadent dessert. A perfect way to end any meal and a great way to use up stale conchas. Get the Recipe
Carlota de Limón, a classic Mexican Dessert made with key limes. Easy-to-make and can be made ahead of time. What’s not to love about this yummy dessert?! Get the Recipe
What’s your favorite Easter dessert?