This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using some (not all) of the links below.
Marinated Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies is probably my No.1 favorite lunch to make. I tend to forget lunch. I’ll get on Facebook, answer comments on the blog, did my son brush his teeth?… then I hear my tummy scream, “FEED ME!” I hate that feeling. I really, really hate that feeling because I should know better. This recipe has saved me many times from eating the last pizza slice in the fridge. Plan ahead, and lunch is ready in a flash.
Making Marinated Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies is super simple. When you get home from the grocery store, drain the liquid from the tofu container. Then chop up the tofu into 1” cubes. Pat them down with a paper towel to get rid of any excess water. I usually need 2 paper towels. This will help the tofu squares absorb all the yummy teriyaki sauce. I make my own teriyaki sauce, but you can take the lazy cook route and use store-bought teriyaki sauce. Trust me, I’m all about time saving kitchen tricks. Then stick the tofu in the fridge, and forget about it! (said in my best Donnie Brasco voice) The longer you leave it marinating, the better.
Whenever I’m scrambling on what to make for lunch because lunch took a back seat to liking cat videos on Facebook, my Marinated Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies is ready and waiting. Pan fry the tofu for a few minutes until it’s nice and brown. Add half a bag of frozen veggies. Meanwhile, heat up last night’s leftover rice or stick some in rice in the rice cooker in the morning. Just like that (snaps fingers), lunch is ready. Yum! Yum! Gimme some!
Marinated Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies
- For Teriyaki Sauce:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- For the Tofu:
- 1 package tofu drained and cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ package of frozen veggies
- Green onions optional
- Add all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a small saucepan.
- Cook on med-high heat until the sugar has dissolved and sauce is thick.
- Let cool.
- In the meantime, cube the tofu and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over the tofu.
- Marinate tofu, for 4 hours or more.
- Heat oil.
- Add tofu. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Add veggies. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice and top with green onions.