This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I was younger, I lived with my family in Tabasco, a southern state in the Mexican Republic. Tabasco is hot! And not in a good way. 😉 Walking around Villahermosa, the capital of Tabasco, is unheard of. You go from one AC room to another. Kind of like DC in the summer but worse. It’s horribly muggy and bugs everywhere. Just 15 minutes away, it’s like being in the jungle. Monkeys in the trees. Small villages where people don’t speak Español but their native Mayan tongue. You would hear of people getting home to find a not-so-friendly alligator in their living room. There was even a black panther at the city zoo, outside the Parque Museo La Venta. To commemorate my time in the Mexican Amazon, I made my family Banana Pineapple Pudding Parfait.
Bananas, mangos, and pineapples are all native to Tabasco. There are more varieties of bananas in Tabasco that I can even begin to describe. Little itty bitty pineapples growing are so cute, almost as cute as puppies. Nowadays, I get my pineapple from the canned section at the grocery store. They’re a lot of work to cut and chop. I need to get one of those pineapple de-corer and peeler. You know what goes great with pineapple (other than rum)? 😀 Bananas! This Banana Pineapple Pudding Parfait was born one way-too-busy weeknight when my Little Red begged for dessert, and I was reminiscing about my days in Southern Mexican. It’s also sooooo incredibly easy to make that it’s bananas! Lol.
Banana Pineapple Pudding Parfait
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 can diced pineapple
- whipped cream
- ground cinnamon for garnish optional
- Make pudding according to the package instructions.
- While stirring, add the cinnamon.
- Put the pudding in the refrigerator to keep cool while arranging the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice bananas.
- Drain juice from the pineapple can
- In a bowl, put the pudding in for the first layer, add bananas then pineapple.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with ground cinnamon.