I don’t know ONE person over the age of 35 who actually looks forward to prancing around the beach in their swimsuit. They stick to your skin when wet. They take forever to dry. They accentuate your blubbery parts from one too many brownies. Swimsuit designers must be laughing their way to the bank because $100 for a piece of clothing that’s smaller than your kids’ socks … Pleeeeeeese! And still, we do it. We stomach the undressing in front of complete strangers, but once we get over those initial 2 minutes and let the sound of the waves comfort us, we remember why we put ourselves through the torture. That’s why Steak Salad with Low Calorie Blue Cheese Dressing is a must around here … because I have a swimsuit I have to get into. Gulp!
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
More Beef Recipes:
Steak. Oh steak. I’m not much of a carnivore, but the hubs and our Little Red are big meat eaters. MEN! I can appreciate a good piece of steak though. You see that crust around the fat? That’s called magic. Crusty, deliciousness, full of flavor. I love freshly cracked pepper on my steak. You can grill it, but this piece of meat was cooked in a grill pan. Before assembling your Steak Salad with Low Calorie Blue Cheese Dressing, let the meat rest a few minutes, or you will lose all the yummy juices. You can’t have that!
This isn’t your typical blue cheese dressing. The Greek Yogurt and Light Mayonnaise bring the calories WAY down. To distract from the tangy Greek Yogurt or the mayo taste, I added some cayenne and sweet red peppers. Then blended it all up in the food processor. If you want more texture to your dressing, mix gently with a spoon in a big bowl. Hope you enjoy!
Hungry for More?
Steak Salad with Low Calorie Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks- thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ head of lettuce chopped
- Any additional veggies
- For the Low Calorie Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 4 ounces of blue cheese crumbles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 grilled red pepper charred and peeled, or 1 jar red peppers (drained)
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Let rest before slicing.
- For the blue cheese dressing:
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse. Or, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- On a plate, add lettuce, veggies, and steak. Drizzle with dressing.