This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skinny Orange Margarita is what everyone needs after a long day of work. This is an incredibly refreshing and 100% delicious drink.
This is such an EASY cocktail recipe too. Make one, two, or a pitcher!
Don’t worry about the Tajin. It’s not spicy, and you can easily adjust to make it more to your liking.
For happy hour, relaxing at home, or for your next party, it’s sure to be a hit.
More Cocktail Recipes:
Cucumber Gin Cocktail
Lavender Mint Mojito
Christmas Lime Cocktail
Berry Mint Gin Cocktail
How to Make It
- Squeeze lime juice.
- Squeeze orange juice.
Fresh is best. Yes, you can use the stuff from the grocery store. Whatever works best for you.
Set the juices aside until ready to use. Lemon juice instead of lime juice also works in this recipe.
What’s the difference between a margarita and a skinny margarita?
A skinny margarita is a low-calorie version made with agave nectar.
A regular margarita is higher in calories and uses orange liqueur like Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Grand-Marnier.
How to Rim the Glass
- Rub the lime wedge all over the rim of the glass.
- This will work like the glue to the Tajin.
How many calories are in a skinny margarita?
This skinny margarita recipe has only 172 calories. Compare that to about 360 for a classic margarita. This recipe is a keeper!
- Dip the glass into the Tajin.
- Dip only the rim of the glass.
Tajin is slightly spicy and mildly tangy. If you don’t have any, you can swap it out for Kosher salt like traditional margaritas or sugar if you like your cocktails to be sweeter.
Tequilas I Recommend To Make A Margarita
Herradura Tequila Silver
1800 Tequila Silver
Cazadores Tequila Blanco
Casa Noble Crystal
Casa Dragones Blanco
Pueblo Viejo Blanco
These brands are great in tequila cocktails. Some are pricer than others. It all depends on your budget and taste.
What is a good substitute for Tajin?
- 1/2 cup of paprika powder or red chili powder.
- 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/8 cup de arbol chile powder, 2 1/2 tablespoons of ground dried lime.
- 1/2 cup chili powder, chipotle powder, OR paprika plus lime zest of 4 limes.
Any of these mixtures will give about 1/2 cup of Tajin substitute.
- Shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the glass and pour the drink into the glass.
Be sure to drink this immediately as the ice will begin to melt.
For a sweeter margarita, add more agave syrup.
Do not add ice to a pitcher. The ice cubes will melt and will water down your margarita. That’s no bueno!
Make a big pitcher ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge. Stir well. Add ice to a glass and serve. It will last in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
Ditch that bottled mix and sip away this DELICIOUS Skinny Orange Margarita. It’ll become your favorite drink too. Salud!
Hungry for More?Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube for my latest recipes and videos.
Skinny Orange Margarita
For 1 Skinny Orange Margaritas:
- 1 Lime wedge to rim the glass
- Tajin to rim the glass
- 3 tbsp silver tequila
- 1 1/2 key limes juiced (or 1 large lime)
- 1/2 medium orange juiced
- 1 tsp agave syrup or more for a sweeter margarita
- ice as desired
For a Pitcher:
- 4 lime wedges to rim the glass
- 1/2 cup Tajin to rim the glass
- 1 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1 cup lime juice (about 5 medium limes)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (about 4 medium oranges)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or more for a sweeter margarita)
To Rim the Glass:
- Pour the Tajin onto a small plate.
- Rub the lime wedge around the edge of the top part of the glass.
- Dip the glass into the plate of Tajin. It will stick to the glass.
- Set it aside.
For One Skinny Orange Margarita:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave.
- Close the shaker with the lid.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to the rimmed glass.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Drink immediately.
For a Pitcher:
- Prepare the glasses as in Step 1.
- To a large pitcher, add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- You can refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Add ice to glasses.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.