This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skinny Orange Margarita is what everyone needs after a long day of work. This is an incredibly refreshing and 100% delicious drink.
This is such an EASY cocktail recipe too. Make one, two, or a pitcher!
Don’t worry about the Tajin. It’s not spicy, and you can easily adjust to make it more to your liking.
For happy hour, relaxing at home, or for your next party, it’s sure to be a hit.
More Cocktail Recipes:
Cucumber Gin Cocktail
Lavender Mint Mojito
Christmas Lime Cocktail
Berry Mint Gin Cocktail
How to Make It
- Squeeze lime juice.
- Squeeze orange juice.
Fresh is best. Yes, you can use the stuff from the grocery store. Whatever works best for you.
Set the juices aside until ready to use. Lemon juice instead of lime juice also works in this recipe.
What’s the difference between a margarita and a skinny margarita?
A skinny margarita is a low-calorie version made with agave nectar.
A regular margarita is higher in calories and uses orange liqueur like Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Grand-Marnier.
How to Rim the Glass
- Rub the lime wedge all over the rim of the glass.
- This will work like the glue to the Tajin.
How many calories are in a skinny margarita?
This skinny margarita recipe has only 172 calories. Compare that to about 360 for a classic margarita. This recipe is a keeper!
- Dip the glass into the Tajin.
- Dip only the rim of the glass.
Tajin is slightly spicy and mildly tangy. If you don’t have any, you can swap it out for Kosher salt like traditional margaritas or sugar if you like your cocktails to be sweeter.
Tequilas I Recommend To Make A Margarita
Herradura Tequila Silver
1800 Tequila Silver
Cazadores Tequila Blanco
Casa Noble Crystal
Casa Dragones Blanco
Pueblo Viejo Blanco
These brands are great in tequila cocktails. Some are pricer than others. It all depends on your budget and taste.
What is a good substitute for Tajin?
- 1/2 cup of paprika powder or red chili powder.
- 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/8 cup de arbol chile powder, 2 1/2 tablespoons of ground dried lime.
- 1/2 cup chili powder, chipotle powder, OR paprika plus lime zest of 4 limes.
Any of these mixtures will give about 1/2 cup of Tajin substitute.
- Shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the glass and pour the drink into the glass.
Be sure to drink this immediately as the ice will begin to melt.
For a sweeter margarita, add more agave syrup.
Do not add ice to a pitcher. The ice cubes will melt and will water down your margarita. That’s no bueno!
Make a big pitcher ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge. Stir well. Add ice to a glass and serve. It will last in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
Ditch that bottled mix and sip away this DELICIOUS Skinny Orange Margarita. It’ll become your favorite drink too. Salud!
Hungry for More?Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube for my latest recipes and videos.
Skinny Orange Margarita
For 1 Skinny Orange Margaritas:
- 1 Lime wedge to rim the glass
- Tajin to rim the glass
- 3 tbsp silver tequila
- 1 1/2 key limes juiced (or 1 large lime)
- 1/2 medium orange juiced
- 1 tsp agave syrup or more for a sweeter margarita
- ice as desired
For a Pitcher:
- 4 lime wedges to rim the glass
- 1/2 cup Tajin to rim the glass
- 1 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1 cup lime juice (about 5 medium limes)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (about 4 medium oranges)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or more for a sweeter margarita)
To Rim the Glass:
- Pour the Tajin onto a small plate.
- Rub the lime wedge around the edge of the top part of the glass.
- Dip the glass into the plate of Tajin. It will stick to the glass.
- Set it aside.
For One Skinny Orange Margarita:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave.
- Close the shaker with the lid.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to the rimmed glass.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Drink immediately.
For a Pitcher:
- Prepare the glasses as in Step 1.
- To a large pitcher, add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- You can refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Add ice to glasses.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Its a perfect & healthy summer drink Maggie..!! and it loosk truly delicious with more easy to make as well…i will trying to make it from your tips…Thanks for sharing….! https://www.bestairfryers.in
It’s delicious. Hope you try it!
Sounds like an amazing Welcome drink for any occasion. Refreshing and perfect for a Summer Day.
Perfect for the summer indeed! Hope you try it
The perfect margarita! Just skip the recipe for the glass and jump straight to the pitcher, because you will want seconds!
So glad you enjoyed this!
Hi Maggie,please can u let me know where u got your skinny glasses! My friends n I saw. Your glasses, we want some,l 👍 thx
I got them at a shop in San Diego called Artelexia. I know they ship.
Looks so refreshing and perfect for a summer day! I would love to have 1 glass right now 🙂
Refreshing and delicious!
Refreshing and delicious margarita. Perfect for the weather. Love the presentation too. Thanks for sharing
It’s perfect for the summer! Hope you try it.
I’ve never tried Tajin. Don’t think we have it here in Italy. But love the sound of this skinny orange margarita so will try it with your tajin substitute recommendations!
Hope you make this recipe soon.
I tried this and it came out lovely. The taste was just perfect. Thanks
So glad you enjoyed this!
GUNJAN C Dudani
I love the combination of tajin in orange margarita. I made it yesterday evening and we loved it since it was perfect for the sunny weather here in Seattle.
It’s the best combination! Glad you enjoyed it!
This is my kind of margarita, we made them for date night last night and loved them. Fresh squeezed orange and lime were the way to go for sure, thanks!
It’s delicious! Glad you liked it!
No ice in the pitcher is pitcher perfect! Thanks for the tip.
Glad you liked it! Hope you try this recipe.