This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For those of you who you actually experience seasons, fall is a big deal. Leaves change colors. Coats resurface from the basement. I’m in sunny San Diego.
I’m still putting on sunblock. I think the low here yesterday was 64 degrees. Not trying to brag. .. ok, maybe just a teeny tiny bit 🙂 … but we don’t get the chilly 30 degrees that screams “Turn on the oven!”
Instead, I get that call from my deep inner foodie voice that begs for something yummy and warm.
FYI, 64 degrees is cold when you’re used to 76 degrees. Ladies and gents, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread happened on one crisp and frickin’ freezing morning in America’s finest city. (Spare me the eye rolls, New England).
Why is it that we only dust off our pumpkin recipes in the fall? September rolls around, and we all run out to buy cans of pumpkin puree.
One year, I actually checked. I went to the grocery store around May and saw a can sitting there waiting for me to buy it and make something out-of-this-world with it. Granted, it was maybe $2 more than during the height of the pumpkin season.
Moral of the story: stock up when it’s on sale! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is a fall classic. This recipe is never ever EVER going to die because it’s so amazingly yummy and delicious.
I don’t know one person who does not like this bread. I usually bake three loaves because you can’t make just one unless you want war to start in your household.
The knives (and forks) will come out. To be on the safe side, double this recipe and stick some in the freezer. If you’re not up for being a piggy pig pig because you gotta look GOOD at your company’s Christmas party and your Spanx can’t take no more!!… bake your Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread loaves in mini pans and bake for 35 minutes.
Hope you enjoy.
Love fall desserts? Also try these yummy Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats.
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Did you make this recipe? Please rate the recipe below!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar plus 2 tablespoons (reserved)
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill loaves 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining sugar
- Bake for 1 hour, or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks in the pan before removing.