This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My son is a huge fan of Marshmallow Rice Treats and with my busy schedule as a mom, blogger, and now new wife, I figured why not have some fun with this recipe and make something together!
I tapped into my baking pantry and pulled out my awesome set of food color gels and decided to make pastel colored eggs. Hand shaping sticky concoction of marshmallow and butter did not sound exciting. Then, it struck me! Why not use the plastic eggs that we fill with candy to mold those perfect pastel colored eggs. Patting myself on the back for this genius idea… 🙂
I wish I could explain to you how much fun this sticky task was. Kids in the kitchen means memories for them later in life. Those are priceless moments for the two of us. I just love my little family!
As we took our eggs out of the fridge, we realized that our sticky work was a great success, there was a sense of unity that only our warm kitchen could bring.
I would love to know what type of desserts you make in your home for Easter. What recipes do you share with your family that just make you bond and come together.
Sending you a BIG abrazo estos dias de Pascua! Warm Hugs to you and yours this Easter! – Maggie
Postres for Pascua (Easter Dessert Recipes) -Paster Colored Easter Eggs
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Cereal
- 9 oz. Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Yellow Gel Food Coloring
- Pink Gel Food Coloring
- 4-6 Large Plastic Eggs
- 1 can Non-Stick Spray
- 9 Bamboo Skewers
- In 3 separate bowls place 3 oz of marshmallows and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Microwave each bowl for 20 seconds until butter is melted. Remove Carefully.
- Mix with fork sprayed with Non-Stick spray.
- Place back in Microwave for 10 seconds. Remove Carefully
- Using toothpick or skewer dip into gel color of choice and mix marshmallow concoction until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups per bowl and mix until all rice kernels are covered in color.
- Using well greased hands, pack in one layer of color into bottom of egg.
- Repeat for second color and layer into 1/2 of top of plastic egg.
- Repeat for third color and layer into second 1/2 of egg. Be careful not to add too much as egg must close.
- Close eggs and refrigerate for 5 minutes or until fully cooled.
- Remove from refrigeration and open carefully. Twist to remove bottom with top of egg.
- To finish, insert skewer through bottom and place in refrigerator to set another 2-5 minutes.