This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Michele, my sister-in-law, is one of the sweetest people in the world. Completely selfless and way too giving. She would give you the shirt off her back. I think she gave my son just as many gifts for Christmas as we did. She could make friends with anyone. I couldn’t have asked for a better sister-in-law. I’ve heard some horror stories about other people’s in-laws. Definitely thank my lucky stars for my husband’s amazing family. On one of Christopher’s trips back to the Empire State, Michele sent him home with some banana bread.
Bananas only last 2-5 days in the pantry before they are ripe. Then you have to stick them in the fridge and use between 5-7 days. OR, you can freeze them, but they only last 2-3 months in the freezer. Defrosting takes no time at all. For me, it’s easier to stick them straight into the freezer and use them up later. It’s right about this time of the year that my freezer is well-stocked with frozen bananas. Smoothies are great, but they get old after a while, don’t they? Michele inspired me to pull out my Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe.
Hungry for More?
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour 9x5x2 ½-inch metal loaf pan.
- Beat the butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk baking soda, baking powder, flour, sugar, cinnamon.
- Coat the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of flour and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
To freeze this bread: Wrap individually in plastic Saran wrap, then wrap in foil paper. Put inside a plastic freezer bag. Defrost on the counter or in the fridge overnight. You can bake it for 15-20 minutes to warm it up. The loaf will last for 3-4 months in the freezer.