This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My husband’s father was recently moved to hospice care. I haven’t been very public about it. You read this blog and follow my social media accounts to see happy, yummy pictures of food. This blog also gave me something to think about other than death and family. I couldn’t stop working either because we went from paying $6000/ month to $14000/ month in senior care. Even though I stayed in California and my husband went back home to New York, it was hard.. like REALLY, REALLY HARD… Lots of sleepless nights. Campaigns that I committed to and barely squeezed out. Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I also moved during this time. When it rains, it pours, and it was pouring buckets! Food was the last of my concerns unless it involved feeding my 9yo. When I didn’t have any more energy, I turned to these Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. They sure kept me going.
You’re going to love this recipe! They are so incredibly easy-to-make. Zap the chocolate in the microwave for a few seconds. Add a couple of drops of liquid sweetener (for example, liquid Stevia) and stir until it’s velvety. Once you’ve added the chocolate to the liners, you have to put the tray in the fridge. If you don’t want to wait, put it in the freezer. It just needs to set slightly in order to move onto Step 2.
Step 2, take a scoop of protein powder and add it to the peanut butter. Mix well.
Add the peanut butter mixture to top layer of chocolate. Stick them back in the fridge and let them sit until they are hard. I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but having something to just grab and go is totally worth it.
Last, but not least. Eat Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! I made a dozen of these decadent Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and stuck them in the fridge. They are made with protein powder and are absolutely, 100% delicious. All the protein powders on the market vary in the amount of protein, but the one I used has 15g of protein in each scoop. That means, they gave me a boost of energy regardless of the latest news from the end-of-life facility. He’s hanging in there… 92 years young. Please keep my family in your prayers.
Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 12 cupcake liners
- ¼ cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 scoop Protein Powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 squirt of liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add cupcake liners to cupcake tin.
- In a bowl, mix peanut butter and protein powder. If it’s too hard to mix, add a splash of water.
- Microwave the chocolate and coconut oil in 10 second intervals, stirring in between each interval.
- Add the liquid sweetener to the chocolate. Stir well.
- Add one teaspoon of melted chocolate to each cupcake liner.
- Then place the tin into the fridge for 10 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon protein peanut butter mixture on top of each hardened chocolate. Try to flatten it with your fingers to make it smooth.
- Add two more teaspoons of melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter.
- Place the tin back in the fridge for another 10 minutes or until chocolate hardens.