Every now and then, you just need a sandwich. By that, I mean, a REAL sandwich. None of that whimpy PB&J stuff either. I’m looking for something to dig my teeth into and full of amazing flavors like this BLTA Sandwich with Herb Garlic Dressing. BLTA, bacon lettuce tomato avocado. Oh my! My neighborhood liquor store makes a version of this, and it’s their most popular menu item. Once you taste it, you’ll understand my foodie madness.
I don’t keep bread in the house because it will be gone in less than 60 seconds. Dr. Vogelmann likes to joke that he NEEDS bread, and our Little Red is a breadoholic. 🙂 I can’t blame my guys. Who doesn’t love freshly baked bread, warm from the oven, or the sound of a
knife cutting into crusty bread? It’s smack yo mama good! Every now and then, I’ll bake bread. Bread machines seriously rock. Use whatever bread you like for your BLTA Sandwich with Herb Garlic Dressing. I’m a fan of ciabatta bread See all the wholes in the bread? They soaked up the delicious herb garlic mayo. I think that’s what made my sandwich extra special. You could really taste the herb mayo in every bite. Mmmm.
The Herb Garlic Dressing: I know… I know… Some people don’t like mayo, but I’m all about it. One of my guilty pleasures is mayo with fries. YUM! If you are one of those mayo haters, whisk in greek yogurt or sour cream instead. Greek yogurt will give it a good tanginess and half the calories of mayo. Another thing: if you’re not into hot sauce, you can always use lemon. Not spicy, thins down the dressing, and give it a light lemony taste. Whatever you end up using, make sure to cover it up with a lid and refrigerate the dressing until you’re ready to use. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 slices of bread (I used ciabatta)
- 1 of a Haas avocado, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tomato, sliced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- For Dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (or 1 tablespoon garlic powder)
- ¼ cup mayo (or substitute with greek yogurt/ plain yogurt)
- ¼ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ bunch of parsley, chopped
- ¼ bunch of mint, chopped
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly toast bread.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Spread herb garlic mayo dressing on the bread
- Top with avocado, tomato, bacon, and lettuce.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.