This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Machaca is either pork or beef that is cooked for hours and hours. The sauce is spicy and full of flavor. The memories of this meat cooking in my childhood homes are very vivid. Crack has nothing on the smell of baking bread and machaca simmering on the stove. If you don’t have a Mexican grocery store near you, you can use leftover brisket or roast beef.
To make Machaca con Huevos you use already cooked meat. That’s why this recipe rocks. Easy is always a favorite in my book. Once, I was making Machaca con Huevos, and I didn’t feel like beating the eggs in a separate bowl. Why waste a dish? I cracked them straight into the pan. When I cracked the last one, you’d never guess what I found? Blood. YUCK! I pride myself in being a pretty adventurous eater, but this was gross. I dumped everything in the trash and had to start the Machaca con Huevos from the beginning. I felt like such an idiot especially since my mom was in the kitchen. Lesson learned. 🙁
Leftover recipes are the best. Machaca con Huevos make a great brunch item because it’s quick to make. It’s also very filling and delicious to the max! Serve with your favorite salsa and a few dozen tortillas, and you’re all set. iBuen Provecho!
Hungry for More?
Machaca Con Huevos
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chopped onion. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Add shredded machaca (or brisket), lime, jalapeño, garlic, and your favorite red salsa. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until meat is completely heated through.
- In the meantime, beat eggs, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs to the pan.
- Continue stirring until eggs are cooked. 5 minutes.
- Warm up tortillas. Serve and enjoy!