This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For our first Mother’s Day together, my husband made me Banana Bacon Pancakes. They were delicious. That’s why every year since then, I ask for these pancakes.
First, start by cutting up your bacon into small pieces and frying on low heat until nice and crisp. Set aside on paper towels until ready to use. Divide into two equal portions.
Second, mash banana/s with masher until coarsely mashed.
Next, in a bowl mix all dry ingredients until incorporated. Add in all wet ingredients and whisk for 1-2 minutes until mixed but still lumpy. Fold in or mix in mashed bananas and 1/2 portion of bacon. Do not whisk.
Allow non-stick griddle to heat while batter rests. Skillet should be set to Medium Heat. Grease skillet with 1/2 tbsp of butter where pancakes will rest. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet.
Let pancake to bubble. When majority of bubbles have popped, flip pancake.
Cook on other side for about 1-2 minutes or until evenly browned. No worries, you can peak! 😉
Remove from heat and butter if desired ( I always… desire butter). Garnish with banana slices and generously sprinkle with bacon.
Sure, they aren’t healthy, but this is MY day and I said BACON!
This is my husband, Dr. Christopher Vogelmann. Love that he makes me these Banana Bacon Pancakes on Mother’s Day. They’re a mix of savory and sweet. Fluffy and soft. Just add a little syrup, and … Mmmm!!!
Whether you are a Mom, Abuelita (Grandmother), Son, or Daughter, I hope that you and your family spend an amazing “Dia de las Mamacitas” as my friends like to call it! Because we are all beautiful, amazing, and deserving of the most amazing things for all we do for our children.
Feliz Dia de las Madres, my friends! – Maggie
Hungry for More?
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube for my latest recipes and videos.
Mother's Day - Banana Bacon Pancakes
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp salted butter Melted + more to taste
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1-2 ripe bananas Preferably Dark Ripe
- 6-8 Slices bacon diced
- maple syrup for serving
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon, and set over paper towels to absorb residual grease. Divide the bacon in half into two piles.
- Mash Bananas until coarsely mashed.
- In a Bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix for 1 minute. Batter will still be lumpy.
- Add banana and 1/2 of bacon and incorporate. Do not whisk.
- Allow non-stick griddle to heat while batter rests. Skillet should be set to Medium Heat.
- Grease skillet with 1/2 tbsp of butter where pancakes will rest.
- Pour 1/3 cup of mixture onto skillet.
- Allow pancake to bubble. When majority of bubbles have popped, flip pancake.
- Cook on additional side for about 1-2 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and butter if desired.
- Garnish with additional banana slices and sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Serve and enjoy.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
My kids and I would love these but not the wife. She is allergenic to bananas. Looks yummy!
It’s easy and delicious!
I feel like these would be more of a Father’s Day thing, lol! I know plenty of husbands who would love these, but don’t know too many who would cook them for their wives! They look good though.
LOL. My husband has asked for these pancakes for Father’s Day. 🙂
These sound like the perfect breakfast! I would be pretty happy if these were waiting for me on Sunday morning.
My hubs and our redhead make them for me every Mother’s Day. 🙂
I would never think to put bacon in my pancakes, but I must say it looks delicious!
I think so too delicious glad you liked it
Happy Mother’s day to you! You definitely deserve the best things in life! 🙂
Thank you. That’s so sweet of you. 🙂
Oooo these look so yummy!! I never had bacon on my pancakes but I wouldn’t mind waking up to this when I am a mother 😉
Mother or not, these pancakes are awesome! Hope you try them out.
This meal would be perfect for Mother’s Day!!
Glad you liked it! Hope you try it