This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chorizo Con Huevos (or Mexican Chorizo with Eggs) is pork sausage mixed with eggs.
This is an easy to make breakfast or Sunday brunch recipe, and it’s absolutely delicious!
You know when you gotta get food on the table FAST, and it has to be fabulous?
I hate that. I really really hate that.
Especially in the morning because I need some java in me before I even consider turning on the stove.
Chorizo con Huevos is one of those yummy yum yum, easy breakfast ideas that you can make in lighting speed time.
5 ingredients and everyone is happy, even the cook.
How to Make Chorizo con Huevos
When I was a kid, we couldn’t find a lot of Mexican products at the grocery store. Nowadays, I can find chorizo at just about every grocery store.
This is pork chorizo. You can also use beef chorizo.
- If you use beef chorizo, it is usually leaner.
- You will need to add oil to cook it.
- Pork chorizo is fattier and usually can cook in its own fat.
Chorizo is basically spiced pork sausage. And since we’re all pig fans (or at least, most of us are), there are many types of chorizo.
For my vegetarian friends, soy chorizo is good too. Many people say that it’s almost like the real thing.
I’m not too sure about it, but I will eat it if it’s in front of me. Lol. Who can say NO to a tasty breakfast taco?!
We love our breakfasts in Mexico.
How to Cook Chorizo
- Cook it in a pan and break it down with your spatula.
- Before you add the eggs, drain it.
If you don’t drain it, you will die. LOL.
Ok, I’m in exaggerating, goofy mood today, but it will make your Chorizo con Huevos come out gross and greasy and yucky. No one wants that.
You can watch how to cook chorizo in my video for Chorizo con Papas.
Chorizo Around the World
All around the world, people have made their own versions.
Don’t taste Mexican chorizo straight from the package because it’s not cooked and you will die! LOL. Ok, maybe not, but it will make you sick.
Spanish chorizo is delicious, and it is cooked. Love Portuguese chourico. Mexican pork chorizo is raw.
There are only 5 ingredients in this super EASY breakfast recipe for Chorizo con Huevo.
Some people get fancy and add stuff to the pan. Here are some ideas …
Ingredients you can add to the Chorizo con Huevos
- Green Peas
- Breakfast sausage
- Diced Jalapeño
You can add one or all of the above.
Me? I say: Why complicate an easy breakfast? If that’s you and you’re the Breakfast Queen, go for it!
For my fellow busy moms: Chorizo con Huevos make great freezer breakfast burritos.
- Make the Chorizo con Huevos.
- Roll them up in flour tortillas.
- Wrap them up in foil paper as tightly as possible.
- Place in the freezer.
- They last up to 3 months.
By the way, I made the Chorizo con Huevos in an black iron skillet. I love that you can go from stove to the table.
It also makes serving breakfast easier.
Other Names for this Dish:
- Huevos con Chorizo
- Chorizo y Huevos
- Mexican Chorizo and Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs and Chorizo
We have names, nicknames for everything in Mexico. If you see a version of these names on a restaurant menu, you will get this dish.
However, the most popular for this dish is Chorizo con Huevos.
This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes. Who doesn’t love that?! We typically serve this dish with tortillas and make tacos.
Chorizo con Huevos
- 1 10-ounce Pork Chorizo package
- 12 eggs
- Green Onions Topping
- Cilantro Topping
- Mexican Red Salsa
- In a large skillet, empty out the chorizo from the package.Note: If you are using lean chorizo, you might need to add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Break down over medium heat, and let it cook until it’s slightly bubbly.
- Once cooked, drain the excess fat.
- Return to the cooked chorizo to the pan.
- With your spatula, break up the chorizo and spread evenly in the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs.
- Add them to the skillet with the chorizo.
- Turn the eggs until they are cooked.
- Top the Chorizo con Huevos with green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas and salsa. Enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest.
More Mexican Breakfast Recipes:
Steak Huevos Rancheros is the perfect dish to make for Sunday brunch. So tasty and so delicious. With a runny egg on top, nothing could be more satisfying.
Nopales con Huevo (Cactus with Eggs) is an easy and healthy breakfast. Add tortillas and enjoy this Mexican food favorite.
Drowned Eggs in Guajillo Sauce, or Huevos Ahogados en Chile Guajillo, is a classic Mexican recipe. Delicious and savory. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.