This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
An incredibly easy and slightly addictive appetizer that’s perfect for game day, Spicy Bacon Candy. –
This is a compensated collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
It’s March Madness! Whoot! Whoot! When I was a kid, my mom would make us some crazy Mexican awesomeness to munch on during the game. Birria, carne asada, homemade salsas, etc. etc. etc. When my mom finally sat down to watch the game, she would fall asleep. LOL. Looking back on that time now as a mom, and I think my mom went way out of her way. I mean, I loved it, but I want time to enjoy the game too. That’s why I love my Spicy Bacon Candy.
Maybe it was all the years that I spent as a single mom, but I like it simple and fast. Facil y rapido. What says game watching more than BACON? I used some Farmland® Bacon for my Spicy Bacon Candy.
Farmland® take pride in their smoking technique. Their bacon is slow smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavors. This Spicy Bacon Candy is smoky, spicy but sweet all in one bite. Can you say DELICIOUS? The best part is that it is incredibly easy to make.
Hungry for More?
Spicy Bacon Candy
- 1 package Farmland® Bacon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 baking sheets
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Mix spices and sugar together.
- Cover baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Lay bacon slices individually on the baking sheets.
- Top with spice mixture.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add more of the sugar mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Do not touch the bacon! The bacon will crisp up more as it cools.
Note: For easy cleanup, wrap the pans well in foil paper and let the pans soak in water. #ForTheLoveOfTheGame #FarmlandRecipes