Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas is an easy recipe that involves minimal work and lots of flavor. This Mexican food classic is perfect for entertaining or busy weeknights. Serve with warm tortillas and salsa.
My next door neighbor has an orange tree, and it’s blooming. You should smell it! Orange blossoms have this soft, sweet scent. Love it! I grabbed a few oranges and decided to make Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas.
Pork and oranges. What a great combination! Oooh, and let’s not forget freshly squeezed orange juice…. Yummm!! Orange Chicken has nothin’ on this Orange Pork.
You have to take the help where you can. For me, that means my trustworthy and always reliable friend the slow cooker. If you have one of those shiny new Instant Pots, you can make it in that too, or go old school and put it in a large pot on the stove. Add orange juice, garlic, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and pork. Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
Let it cool slightly before chopping it up into pieces.
Lay it out on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until the pork is crispy. It’s porking good. LOL.
Do you see why I like entertaining with Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas? Very few steps involved. Not tons of dishes to clean. It can feed a crowd. Just put a fork in the pork and enjoy!
- 4 lb pork shoulder roast
- 3 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- Place everything in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours, or low on 8 hours.
- Note: You can substitute the water and bouillon for 1 cup chicken broth.
- When done, remove the meat from the slow cooker.
- Let cool slightly.
- Chop the meat into tiny pieces.
- Spread meat evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Put under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until meat is crispy.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Serve with lime wedges, chiles toreados, warm tortillas, and salsa.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.