Somewhere in my not-so-fond childhood memories, I remember my mom burning the beans. The house was smoky. The neighbors even came over to see if we were ok. By now you all know, we’re Mexican, and Mexico can be slightly behind the times. We never used the dishwasher in the kitchen. The microwave? Oh no, it is going to give you cancer, my mom used to say. It wasn’t until I went off to college that I learned the magic of the slow cooker. All the kids had one in their dorms, and I had to have one. To the inventor of this time saving favorite, women and men (especially at the fire department by my mom’s house) thank you. Recently, I made Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chipotle Pork Loin. It was a delicious family meal.
The other day I was looking at recipes in Spanish, and I thought of a brilliant idea for a recipe: Loma de Cerdo con Miel de Chipotle y Limón. When I looked for it in English, there it was: Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chipotle Pork Loin. It was one of those DUH moments. Of course someone else has created it… I’m not reinventing the wheel, but this savory and sweet dish will make you wish for seconds. Place the seared pork loin on a bed of sliced onions.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
From here, you add all the remaining ingredients and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-6 hours. How easy was that?! You can make this on the stove as well. Just make sure you don’t send out smoke signals to the local tribe like my mom used to do. Haha.
The beauty of this Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chipotle Pork Loin is that it is wonderfully flavorful and so easy-to-make. You have to let the pork cool slightly before slicing it. Don’t these thick slices of yumminess look amazing?! Serve with a salad and white rice. Or add corn tortillas to make tacos. YUM!
Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chipotle Pork Loin
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Salt and pepper the pork loin.
- Add pork in the oil and sear on all sides.
- Add the sliced onions to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the seared pork loin on top of the onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and chipotle.
- Pour the marinade over the pork.
- Set the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-6 hours on high, or until the thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Once the pork is ready, let the meat cool slightly before slicing.
- Top with juices from the slow cooker, onions, lime and cilantro (if using).