This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a sponsored post by Mirum Shopper, but all opinions are 100% mine. #SaboreaTuVerano
One Pot Mexican Beef and Beans is one of those recipes that has been in my family for generations. For my español-speaking friends, this is the Mexican classic Frijoles con Carne Molida. My mom made it. My grandma made it. Today, when I’m in a pinch and haven’t planned dinner because my Little Red refused to leave his friend’s house, this is what I make. On the table in 30 minutes.. Whoot! Whoot!
This One Pot Mexican Beef and Beans has everything in it. Add some healthy veggies, and it’s a complete meal. It’s absolutely perfect for busy weeknights and my go-to on many, many nights. One skillet also means less clean up. Yay! My hubs usually washes the dishes in our family, but we have to keep his hands looking purty. 😉
Knorr Caldo con sabor de Res gives this One Pot Mexican Beef and Beans that extra yum, yum quality. I put in one cube in, then just let the juices simmer together. What comes out is riquísimo. I topped it with cheddar cheese… Somewhere there’s a Mexican viejita (or old lady) rolling her eyes at me, but my Little Red is not the easiest person to feed. Add a little cheese to the plate, and I have a good chance that he’ll eat it and ask for seconds with a big smile on his face saying “QUESO!” 😀 Hope you enjoy.
Hungry for More?
One Pot Mexican Beef and Beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 can of pinto beans drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 4 to matoes finely diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 1 Knorr Caldo con sabor de Res bouillon cube
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 laurel leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro optional
- Cheddar Cheese shredded (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato, green pepper, a pinch of salt and pepper, and jalapeño.
- Cook for 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan.
- Return flame to medium heat.
- Add ground beef, salt, and pepper. Break up the meat with your spatula. Cook until no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add pinto beans, tomato and pepper mixture, garlic, cumin, paprika, thyme, Knorr bouillon, water, and laurel leaves.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and cheese, if using.
- Serve with tortillas.