Tacos Al Pastor
Get ready for the most amazing Tacos Al Pastor ever! The oven-roasted pork comes out juicy and so flavorful. Wrap it up in warm corn tortillas, top with your favorite salsa, and enjoy!
Servings: 15 servings
For the Tacos:
- 15 corn tortillas
- diced onion (topping)
- cilantro (topping)
- diced pineapple (topping)
- salsa (topping)
For the Marinade:
Heat the oil in a large skillet.
Add the guajillo chile and cook for 2 minute.
Add the onion and garlic.
Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add the water.
Cover and take off heat.
Let it cool slightly. About 5 minutes.
Then add to a blender along with the remaining marinade ingredients.
Blend until smooth.
Set aside until ready to use.
For the Pork:
Rinse and pat dry the pork.
Cut into thin slices.
Coat each slice in the marinade.
Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 4 hours in the fridge.
Overnight is best.
To Assemble the Trompo:
Take a pineapple slice and pierce through the skewer to form the base.
Add layers upon layers of the sliced marinaded pork.
At the very top, add another pineapple slice.
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
Cook for another 30 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Remove from the oven.
Let sit for 10 minutes.
For the Tacos:
Chop pork into tiny pieces.
Warm up tortillas.
Add pork to tortillas.
Top with cilantro, onion, pineapple (either fresh or from the trompo) and salsa.
Other Cooking Method:
(1) Heat oil in a hot skillet. Cook each slice individually. Chop into pieces and serve as tacos.
(2) Use skewers and cook them on a gas grill.
(3) Slow Cooker - Place meat inside the pot, cover, and set on low for 6 hours.
(4) Instant Pot - Place meat inside the instant pot, cover, close lid, move valve to SEALING, press pressure cook, set timer to 50 minutes, quick release.
- If you the pork is too charred after an hour and half, cover with aluminum foil. Bring oven temperature down to 350 degrees F, and return the pork to the oven until it reaches 145 degrees internal temperature.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 407mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 322IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg