This Salsa Morita recipe has the BEST flavor! Smokey, spicy, and easy to make. It’s so much better than anything you can buy at a store. Grab some chips, and dig in!
Servings: 2 cups
- 10 chile morita
- 2 cups water
- 3 large tomatoes (or 5 small tomatoes)
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 onion
In a large stock pot, place the morita chile and cover with water.
Bring to a boil.
Immediately turn off the heat.
Let sit for 5 minutes, or until pliable.
Discard the water.
Set aside until ready to use.
Quarter the tomatoes.
On a cookie sheet, place the tomatoes, onion, and garlic.
Broil for 7 minutes.
Turn and place under the broiler for another 5 minutes.
Add the rehydrated chiles, tomatoes, onion, and garlic to a blender.
Blend until smooth.
HOW TO ADJUST THE HEAT
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Mild Salsa – Remove the seeds from the chiles. This will still give you a flavorful and only mildly spicy salsa.
- Hot Salsa – Leave the seeds in when blending the sauce.
- In the fridge, it lasts up to 5 days.
- In the freezer, place in an airtight sealable bag for up to 6 months.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 1537IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg