Chorizo con Papas, or Mexican Chorizo with Potatoes
Chorizo con Papas (or Mexican Chorizo with Potatoes) is a true Mexican food classic. It's full of bold flavors and very satisfying. As a taco, a filling for gorditas, or in a sandwich, this recipe is absolutely delicious!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces Mexican pork chorizo casings removed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound potatoes cut into small (1/4-inch) diced, and boiled
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro chopped (optional)
Heat oil to large skillet.
Add chorizo and break up the large clumps as it cooks. About 10 minutes.
Take chorizo out of the pan and place on a large paper towel to remove some of the grease.
Pour out any additional grease from the skillet, leaving about 1 tablespoon of grease.
Return skillet to the stove.
Add onion and potatoes.
Saute until brown. About 10 minutes.
Add chorizo to the pan.
Taste for salt and pepper.
Add chopped cilantro.
Serve with warm tortillas and enjoy!
Warning: Stand back! Chorizo splitters and splatters when it is frying in the pan.
You can use frozen potatoes, or peel, dice, and boil 1 potato for this recipe.
- For the vegetarians, try this recipe with soyrizo. It is made with the same spices as regular Mexican chorizo and has good flavor.
- For the healthy eaters, try turkey or chicken chorizo. It is less fatty than pork chorizo or beef.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 4mg