These Potato Taquitos are perfect for game day. A crispy and yummy appetizer topped with shredded cabbage, lime, and Mexican salsa. They are hard to resist!
Warm up the corn tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute.
Make sure they are pliable and not stiff.
Add 2 tablespoons of potatoes to end of the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Roll up the tortilla.
Insert a toothpick to the center of the taquito. Set aside.
Repeat until there are no more tortillas.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add 1-2 taquitos to the oil.
Do not overcrowd the pan or they will not brown properly.
Brown on all sides. About 2-3 minutes on each side.
Then lay on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
Repeat until all are cooked.
Add desired toppings.
Be sure not to overstuff the taquito, or it will be difficult to roll up.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Turn and bake for an additional 7 minutes, or until completely heat through.
Frozen taquitos will last up to 3 months.
Taquitos will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Make the recipe according to the instructions, but leave out the cheese.
- Place in a sealable freezer bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Thaw the taquitos in the fridge overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for an additional 7 minutes, or until completely heat through.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg