I LOVE Bacon! It was even in our wedding vows.
“Sometimes, I will need to be alone with a pint of Ben and Jerrys, but I will be thinking of you.” -Christopher
“And sometimes, I will need to be alone, but I’ll be thinking of you and bacon.” – Maggie
Tocino (bacon) makes everything taste better. Truth is, though, with my little man growing up, and defining his most liked and least liked foods, it can sometimes be difficult to incorporate veggies into his diet. So, I decided to share one of my sure-fire recipes for a side dish that could easily stand on its own because of its down-home comforting flavor: Green Bean Bacon Bundles.
First, I start by preparing my savory compound butter. I place the butter, garlic, oregano and crushed black pepper in a food processor and pulse until well incorporated.
I remove the butter from my processor and roll it in plastic wrap before placing it in the refrigerator to keep cool.
To make these Green Bean Bacon Bundles, I start by cleaning and preparing my fresh green beans. There is no need to blanch these as they will be going right into the oven and will have plenty of time to roast.
Then wrap 8-10 green beans with one bacon slice each, ensuring that the seam stays at the bottom of each bundle. This will help when its time to move these bundles onto our plates.
Lastly, I make sure to cover my roasting pan with aluminum foil and place it in an oven set at 400 degrees. The green beans will bake for a good 15 before needing to be uncovered.
Place a slice of your compound butter atop your bundles and allow your green beans to continue baking uncovered another 15 minutes while the bacon finishes getting nice and perfectly crisp.
This is your dish. You can choose to cook your Green Bean Bacon Bundles less, but I like my green beans cooked through and crispy.
iY listo! (And Voila!) Your Green Bean Bacon Bundles are set to delight your bundles of joy! Because do they ever really stop being our babies?
Provecho! – Maggie
Green Bean Bacon Bundles
- 24-30 Green Beans Trimmed
- 4-6 Slices of Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare compound butter by placing butter, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in food processor and pulsing until incorporated and garlic is no longer too chunky.
- Remove butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll into a 1 inch diameter log. Twisting ends like candy.
- Place in refrigerator until needed.
- Wrap 8-10 uncooked green beans with 1 slice of bacon.
- Place bundles seam side down on non-stick roasting pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and uncover.
- Add one slice of compound butter over each bundle and return to oven uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove when Bacon and Green Beans are cooked and crisp.