I have been so busy with my work and life that I hadn’t realized the impending holiday. Easter, or Pascua , is here! Here’s an easy-to-prep, easy-to-make recipes that can be made ahead of time… because who doesn’t like easy. Am I right, moms? 🙂 Insert Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad for the win!
My childhood Easter favorite was filled with the traditional Capirotada (or Mexican bread pudding), which is hands-down one of my favorite recipes of all time. Sometimes, though, you just gotta shake, shake, shake it up. Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad takes me back to my childhood. I’m an (ehmmm…) 80s baby. Nothing says 80s like big hair and Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and this dessert.
Fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Salad me happy… almost as happy as getting puppy kisses. Sweet and soft. It’s hard not to love this Easter dessert. You can even make it in advance. Refrigerate it until ready to eat. Don’t want to make anyone sick. I made some small changes to this family classic by adding Toasted Coconut Chips, Sliced Almonds, and by making a homemade almond whipped cream. DELICIOUS… iMuy delicioso!
Feliz Pascua from mi Familia to yours!
- 2 cans Fruit Cocktail - Drained
- 1½ cups Pastel Colored Mini-Marshmallows
- ½ cup Toasted - Wide Sliced Dried Coconut + more for decorating
- ½ cup Toasted - Sliced Almonds + more for decorating
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- In large bowl place heavy whipping cream and whip on Med-High until thickened.
- Add Almond Extract and ½ of Powdered Sugar and continue whipping for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add rest of Powdered Sugar and whip until ripples form in whipped cream (1-2 minutes).
- Careful to not over whip. If your whipped cream starts to break from over whipping add a bit more cream and beat again until smooth.
- Fold in Fruit Cocktail, Marshmallows, Toasted Coconut and Toasted Almonds until incorporated.
- Top with toasted coconut and almonds for color and serve.
What’s your favorite Easter recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.