I get it all the time. “Maggie, what are you cooking tonight?” Truth be told… Sometimes, I like to pop in a frozen pizza and veg in front of a good Netflix series. With the holidays and holiday potlucks, everyone expects me to bring over something that will blow their culinary minds. I can almost see the disappointment on their faces when I show up with a bottle of wine. Here’s an easy Mexican dessert I thought of when I was at grocery store the other day: Mexican Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m a busy mom. My redhead has more energy than a supernova. KABOOM! Just yesterday, he had two school functions, then basketball practice, and then we visited his friend’s house to pick up his Xbox controller. Take the shortcuts where you can. This is an easy Mexican dessert, not a slave over the stove for hours recipe. When you jazz up a cake box dessert, no one will know that you were a sneaky baker. Us, busy moms, have to stick together. 😀 Happy Baking!
- 1 package chocolate cake box
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- The batter might be a little tough at first, but keep working at it.
- If you need to, add a splash of water, go for it but not a lot.
- Once everything is combined, drop on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
ps: I’m using apple sauce to make it a little healthier. That way, I won’t feel guilty about eating two cookies. 😀 Don’t want to be healthy? Use butter.