For our first Mother’s Day together, my husband made me Banana Bacon Pancakes. They were delicious. That’s why every year since then, I ask for these pancakes.
First, start by cutting up your bacon into small pieces and frying on low heat until nice and crisp. Set aside on paper towels until ready to use. Divide into two equal portions.
Second, mash banana/s with masher until coarsely mashed.
Next, in a bowl mix all dry ingredients until incorporated. Add in all wet ingredients and whisk for 1-2 minutes until mixed but still lumpy. Fold in or mix in mashed bananas and 1/2 portion of bacon. Do not whisk.
Allow non-stick griddle to heat while batter rests. Skillet should be set to Medium Heat. Grease skillet with 1/2 tbsp of butter where pancakes will rest. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet.
Let pancake to bubble. When majority of bubbles have popped, flip pancake.
Remove from heat and butter if desired ( I always… desire butter). Garnish with banana slices and generously sprinkle with bacon.
Sure, they aren’t healthy, but this is MY day and I said BACON!
This is my husband, Dr. Christopher Vogelmann. Love that he makes me these Banana Bacon Pancakes on Mother’s Day. They’re a mix of savory and sweet. Fluffy and soft. Just add a little syrup, and … Mmmm!!!
Whether you are a Mom, Abuelita (Grandmother), Son, or Daughter, I hope that you and your family spend an amazing “Dia de las Mamacitas” as my friends like to call it! Because we are all beautiful, amazing, and deserving of the most amazing things for all we do for our children.
Feliz Dia de las Madres, my friends! – Maggie
- 3 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1½ Cup of Milk
- ½ Cup of Water
- 3½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbsp Salted Butter (Melted) + more to taste
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- 1-2 Ripe Bananas (Preferably Dark Ripe)
- 6-8 Slices of Bacon Diced
- Maple Syrup As Needed
- Place diced bacon on low heat and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon and set over paper towels to absorb residual grease. Divide by half.
- Mash Banana/s until coarsely mashed.
- In Bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix for 1 minute. Batter will still be lumpy.
- Add banana and ½ of bacon and incorporate. Do not whisk.
- Allow non-stick griddle to heat while batter rests. Skillet should be set to Medium Heat.
- Grease skillet with ½ tbsp of butter where pancakes will rest.
- Pour ⅓ cup of mixture onto skillet.
- Allow pancake to bubble. When majority of bubbles have popped, flip pancake.
- Cook on additional side for about 1-2 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and butter if desired.
- Garnish with additional banana slices and sprinkle with bacon.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.